TransCollaborate and City of Melbourne: “Becoming Cosmopolitan Melburnians”
TransCollaborate is proud to introduce our new project with the support of City of Melbourne, Becoming Cosmopolitan Melburnians, which we have naturally abbreviated to the handy “BeCosMelb” tag!
BeCosMelb aims to create more opportunities for engagement, collaboration and leadership within and between CALD communities in Melbourne, through collaborative translation.
We will provide a program of events and leadership training designed to:
- Develop stronger connections and new meaningful friendships within and outside participants’ existing communities.
- Develop a stronger sense of identity as a ‘Melburnian’ in a way that makes sense to participants
- Build capacity and confidence to explain their culture and to draw from their culture to engage socially, professionally and civically
- Support emerging leadership skills in individuals interested in leading and facilitating events for their communities
- Produce creative and literary outputs attributed to participants to enhance confidence, ownership and visibility
For BeCosMelb’s first phase, we have launched two series of workshops
- The Chinese-Australian Networking Events (CANE), which uses collaborative translation to create social connection between Chinese international students and the broader Melbourne community.
- The Latin-American Workshops (LAW), which use collaborative translation to promote self-esteem and resilience among LatinX communities in Melbourne and beyond.
If you are interested in finding out more about this project, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
TransCollaborate and BeCosMelb acknowledge the Traditional Owners and Custodians of the land that makes up the City of Melbourne, the Peoples of the Kulin Nation. We also pay respects to their Elders past and present.