• Are you a student (undergraduate or postgraduate) at the University of
• Do you have experience of translation or interpreting?
• Are you interested in a career in translation in diverse contexts (literary
translation, language teaching, community associations, or academia)?
The Collaborative Translation project is offering three bursaries (up to £150
travel expenses and two nights’ accommodation) to enable students from the
University of Warwick to attend the ‘Collaborative Translation: A Model for
Inclusion’ Symposium and workshop at Monash University, Prato (Italy) 3rd-
4th July 2017.
The event focuses on translation as an inclusive practice. The successful
applicants will explore and discuss experiences of collaborative translation in a
practical workshop in Prato, and will be asked to contribute to project’s
activities in an event at Warwick.
To apply, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
by Sunday 19th February with your CV (max. 2 pages) and 500-word
• Your interest in collaborative translation and the experience (and/or
questions) you would bring to the Symposium and workshop.
• How participating in this Symposium and workshop would enhance
your student experience (please refer to the website
http://www.transcollaborate.wordpress.com for the project’s objectives and
activities to date and consider how this is in line with your goals).
• Your idea for a 1-2 hour event you would organize to explore
translation as a collaborative practice. *Please note, this will be a
decisive factor in selecting successful applications – we welcome
creative ideas for presentations, seminars, workshops… or other!*
All applications will be considered by a committee; successful applications will
be notified by 24th February.
Follow us on Twitter! #transcollaborate